TDA End of Year Showcase 2022
The Theatre & Dance Academy opened their doors at River Mills Ballroom on 1st September 2016. The Ballroom was run down, painted red and didn't even have heating. For the past 6 years the school and the building have evolved incredibly. We are so proud to be here today, it has not been easy for any of us. Should we mention we all went through a pandemic?
Well unfortunately, as much as we tried to avoid any links to the "isolation years", it has influenced the choreography and the narrative which occasionally pops up between dance routines.
"Collaboration" was named because it is the first time the entire school has come together to showcase their talents. Pre-Pandemic we held additional rehearsal outside of class hours and only a quarter of the school were involved in shows. But now, we have been able to bring together more pupils to really celebrate what we do.
All about "Collaboration"
There is no story to our show, this is a showcase. All the narrative linking pieces are written by Miss Gemma and the senior acting students. The music was chosen by Miss Phoebe & Miss Gemma and the majority of choreography originated from a meeting around the kitchen table from their shared love and passion of music and dance. All Miss Phoebe & Miss Gemma ever want is for pupils to have a lovely time, they set high standards but their inclusive practices and humanistic approach ensures that everyone has an opportunity to be involved in the TDA family and the lovely community they have created over the years.
Miss Gemma & Miss Phoebe love teaching and are very excited about the future of TDA, with many exciting things to come.
Thank you to you all for being part of The Theatre & Dance Academy.
We hope you can enjoy not only the Showcase but celebrate in the knowledge that TDA provide a wonderful service to the community, offering children fantastic, exciting experiences not to mention exemplary training.
Meet The Cast
1. Age Of Not Believing - Level 1 & Level 2 Musical Theatre
2. Jet Set - Senior Tap
3. The Garden Fox - Grade 1 Ballet and Buttercups Beginners
4. A Whole New World - Beginners Ballet and Primary Ballet
5. Nutcracker - Grade 5 Ballet and Grade 8 Ballet
6. Waltz of the Flowers - Primary Ballet & Grade 1 Ballet
7. Coppelia Valse - Grade 3 Ballet
8. Time - Grade 2 Contemporary
9. I wanna be like you! - Pre-Primary Modern
10. Neverland - Senior Musical Theatre
11. Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da - Beginners Tap and Primary Tap
12. Ease on down the Road - Pre Primary Tap and Primary Tap
13. I Got You - Senior Modern
14. Happy - Act 1 Finale
INTERVAL 20 MINUTES
1. Who Done It? - Intermediate Competition Class
2. One Jump Ahead- Level 1 Acrobatic Arts Class
3. Commercial Mashup - Level 3 Musical Theatre
4. Teach Me How to Shimmy - Grade 1 Modern
5. Pulled - Senior Musical Theatre
6. Jailhouse Rock - Grade 4 Modern
7. Heroes- Junior Competition Class
8. We Need to Rewild the World- Inter & Senior Ballet
9. Hoist the Colours - Level 2 Acro, Grade 1 Contemporary & Senior Acro
10. Place We Were Made - Grade 5 & Grade 8 Ballet. For Hannah, Mia & Louise
11. When You're An Addams - Level 3 Musical Theatre
12. Trashing' The Camp - Grade 1 Tap
13. Bad Guy - Grade 4 Tap & Senior Troupe
14. Raise You Up - Act 2 Finale
In Alphabetical Order
Arabella Williams Senior
Lily Ella Caisley
Poppy Dixon Mersh
WHAT'S NEW NEXT TERM AT TDA
B.A.D BOYS are BACK!
Boys Academy of Dance
Tuesdays 6.15pm- 7.15pm
We can't thank you enough!
Sometimes words just aren't enough, to share our thoughts and love.
And sometimes words get in the way of what we really want to say.
But from the heart and just for you, these words of love and gratitude.
For all the times you have been there,
and shown just how much you care,
mean more to us than you could know........
and we just had to tell you so!
It is impossible to put into words just how thankful we are that the helpers, TDA ex pupils and friends gave up their time to be with us helping backstage at rehearsals and the show. For going the extra mile, taking costumes to the theatre, sewing, caring and supporting.
For the front of house helpers, ushers and bar staff. For Nick, the QM technician that illuminated the stage and made the music levels sing! For Simon, who is filming the show, to "the mums!" Miss Phoebe Senior (Nicola) and Miss Hargreaves! We love having you with us!
To the lifter and shifter and toilet fixer, the behind the scenes rock that never complains. To the pupils, parents, step parents and careers we are so happy that you have joined us here today. May many more memories be made this way!
The show will be filmed on
Friday 5th August at 7pm
USB copies of the show can be pre-purchased for £15.00*
Please message/email/text for a copy.
*orders placed after the 5th August will be charged at £20.00 each.
Collaboration is an enchanting performance from the terrific TDA!
On a live stage!
Living and breathing the dance, acting & singing
Lights camera action!
As you watch the enchanting show you will be pulled into a whole new world
Become part of the experience
One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight!
Really gripping music!
Amazing costumes and some big smiles.
T. D. A
Now sit back and enjoy the show!
Written By Francis Milner Aged 11